Monday, April 5, 2010

redacted

Okay, so spring turned into a ridiculous rain-fest last week.

And I turned into an overwhelmed, headachey, weepy, insomniac mess. Not so fun. I will spare my unseen readers all of the nitty-gritty details. For now, that is. No promises about what this blog will turn into.

BUT, I did manage to have a wonderful "getting things done" meeting with a friend, where we do all of those things that have been sitting on our to-do lists for, like, ever. And doing these things was actually kinda fun!

And, I've also been going back to yoga class and practicing regularly with a friend.

And my sweet husband helped me cook a yummy dish for a Passover seder. And people complimented me on it and asked for the recipe! (This, minus the farro). I am not a big cook-for-large-groups kinda gal, so this was no small feat.

Oh, and I was offered a job! Not sure if I'm going to accept the offer, but said job would complement my other part-time gig and help me achieve a big-ish career goal a bit sooner. And, to apply for said job, I had to ask for three letters of recommendation which was enough to send me into a bit of a what-if-I'm-not-good-enough-and-they-won't-have-anything-good-to-say-or-will-be-irritated-because-I-asked kind of frenzy.

All this is to say, I am practicing appreciating myself for all of those little (but really kinda BIG) things that I normally just feel like I should be doing or shouldn't have a hard time doing. A little bit of kindness can go a long way. Wait, wasn't that my spring intention?

No comments:

Post a Comment